Battle Spirits JPN Starter Deck VI: "BURST HEROES ~Hajime Hinobori's Deck~" [COMPLETE!!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Battle Spirits JPN Starter Deck VI: "BURST HEROES ~Hajime Hinobori's Deck~" [COMPLETE!!]

Post  Smash Spirit on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 am

Now that I have time to focus on the sets I skipped before moving on to Set 21, this deck I'm translating serves as the introduction to the Supreme Heroes Saga and the fourth anime series "Battle Spirits: Heroes." Released 16 September 2011 in conjunction with the anime, BURST HEROES is a 40-card Ruby/Diamond deck that features the cards used in the first few episodes by the main protagonist Hajime Hinobori, who according to the storyline really loves his Ruby Dragons (I wish I had some of the plush Siegfrieds and Siegwurms he has!). This Starter Deck also provides a crash course on the new game mechanic: Burst Cards, which act similar to your facedown Spell and Trap Cards in Yu-Gi-Oh. These cards have Burst Trigger effects marked by an orange sunburst symbol, and must be set facedown on the Field until they can be activated after certain conditions are met (depending on the card). For extensive details on Burst Card rulings and usage, please see my "Official Rule Manual Translations" in the Rules Q&A section of this website.

I'll provide more details on the background story of this saga once I (finally) start work on Japanese Set 14. In the meantime, please enjoy a taste of the new world of Heroes that awaits you! Smile

BURST HEROES (Hajime Hinobori's Starter Deck) Decklist
* Cards are listed by quantity and rarity (C=Common, U=Uncommon, R=Rare, M=Master Rare). All names shown here are the official English names as shown on the cards.

Spirits
x3 C [SD06-001] Ohdoran
x3 C [SD06-002] Salamantle
x3 C [SD06-003] One-Kengo
x3 C [SD06-004] Dos-Monkey
x2 U [SD06-005] TwinBlade-Dragon
x1 R [SD06-006] Ikazuchi-Wurm
x1 M [SD06-007] The HeroDragon Lord-Dragon
x3 C [SD06-008] Armaditokage
x3 C [SD06-009] Kiji-Toria
x2 R [SD06-010] The SeaDragon Cima-Creek

Nexus
x3 C [SD06-011] The HeroEmperor DeitySword
x3 C [SD06-012] The HeroEmperor DeityShield

Spells
x3 C [SD06-013] Burst Draw
x1 R [SD06-014] Burst Cross
x2 U [SD06-015] Burst Flame
x2 U [SD06-016] Burst Wall
x2 U [SD06-017] Burst Storm

Last edited by Smash Spirit on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Kamen Rider OOO: part of a nutritious breakfast. "It's infinitely delicious!"

Smash Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle Spirits JPN Starter Deck VI: "BURST HEROES ~Hajime Hinobori's Deck~" [COMPLETE!!]

Post  Smash Spirit on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 am

***SPIRITS***

[SD06-001] OHDORAN {0}
Ohdoran
(オードラン Oodoran)
Common Ruby Spirit [R] Winged Dragon
Level 1 <1>: 1000BP, Level 2 <3>: 3000BP

"It was almost time for harvesting as the rice grains bowed their golden heads in the breeze. That was when the Ice Shield Armies broke through the country border and began their invasion. At their wits' end with this sudden turn of events, the local residents of this frontier region were exterminated in a blink of an eye. But who would ever have imagined that from among the few survivors of this assault, one of the strongest and bravest heroes in the history of Otherrealm would be born...?" —Authentic History: Chronicles of Manaka the Dragon Knight, Year 628 AGR—
<<Concept Origin: With his two demon-like horns, tiger stripes, and a spiked club for a tail, many believe that Ohdoran is modeled after the
赤鬼 Akaoni ("Red Ogre") featured in the Japanese folktale "Momotarou the Peach Boy.">>
—————
[SD06-002] SALAMANTLE {2} -1R
Salamantle
(サラマントル Saramantoru)
Common Ruby Spirit [R] Lava Fish
Level 1 <1>: 2000BP, Level 2 <2>: 3000BP, Level 3 <5>: 5000BP

When This Spirit Attacks (Lv. 2-3): Draw a card from your deck.
There exists a feudal general who hasn't suffered a single loss. The talking fish taught this to me.
<<Name Origin (Fusion): "Salamander" (a common name for over 500 different lizard-like amphibian species) + "Mantle">>

—————
[SD06-003] WAN KENGOU {3} -2R
One-Kengo
(ワン・ケンゴー Wan-Kengoo)
Common Ruby Spirit [R] Emperor Beast
Level 1 <1>: 2000BP, Level 2 <3>: 4000BP, Level 3 <5>: 6000BP

(Lv. 1-2-3): As long as you have a Burst Card set on your Field, treat this Spirit as being at Battle Level 3.
When This Spirit Attacks (Lv. 2-3): RAGE <Special Ruby Ability>
If your opponent has any unexhausted Spirits available, he/she must block this attack.

Wan charges toward the enemy general that Kiji spotted. This sudden attack may appear to be reckless, but it's all for the sake of cutting open a path to victory for Lord Dragon!
<<Name Origin (Fusion):
ワン "Wan" [dual meaning—Japanese onomatopoeia (sound word): "bark," "woof"/the English number "one" in katakana] + 剣豪 "Kengou" (Japanese, "swordsmaster")>>
<<Concept Model Origin: This is the Battle Spirits version of the dog that accompanies Momotarou on his quest to Onigashima.>>

—————
[SD06-004] DOS MONKEY {4} -2R, -1D
Dos-Monkey
(ドス・モンキ Dosu-Monki)
Common Ruby Spirit [R] Emperor Beast
Level 1 <1>: 3000BP, Level 2 <3>: 5000BP

During Your Attack Phase (Lv. 1-2): As long as you have a Burst Card set on your Field, all of your Spirits that are not Brave Fused gain +3000BP.
The only way I managed to survive the attack was thanks to Lord Dragon. Even though apparently it was actually Monkey who carried me away to safety when I was on the verge of dying in the surrounding flames....
<<Name Origin (Fusion): "Dos" (Castilian Spanish, "two") + "Monkey" (referring to the monkey who accompanied Momotarou on his quest to Onigashima)>>

—————
[SD06-005] TWINBLADE DRAGON {5} -2R
TwinBlade-Dragon
(ツインブレード・ドラゴン Tsuinbureedo-Doragon)
Uncommon Ruby Spirit [R] Warrior Dragon
Level 1 <1>: 4000BP, Level 2 <2>: 6000BP, Level 3 <5>: 8000BP

When This Spirit Attacks (Lv. 1-2-3): Draw a card from your deck. Then, if you have a Burst Card set on your Field, destroy an enemy Spirit with 4000BP or less.
(Flash Timing) During Your Attack Phase (Lv. 2-3): By discarding your set Burst Card, this Spirit gains +5000BP for the duration of this turn.
I was completely useless in my first battle; I was overwhelmed by how amazing my draconic ally was. Lord Dragon and his three comrades, however, were even more awesome.
—————
[SD06-006] IKAZUCHI WURM {6} -2R
Ikazuchi-Wurm
(イカズチ・ヴルム Ikazuchi-Vurumu)
Rare Ruby Spirit [R] Ancient Dragon
Level 1 <1>: 4000BP, Level 2 <3>: 7000BP

When Summoned (Lv. 1-2): Destroy either one of your opponent's Braves or one of his/her Nexus.
When This Spirit Attacks (Lv. 1-2): When you have a Burst Card set on your Field, you can choose a target enemy Spirit to attack.
When This Spirit Attacks (Lv. 2): For every "Warrior Dragon" Attribute Spirit you have on the Field, this Spirit gains +3000BP.
The final stage of my training under Lord Dragon's teaching was to catch a Cave Dragon to use as a mount. Capturing a wild Dragon? Lord's order is absolutely insane....
<<Name Origin (Fusion):
"Ikazuchi" (Japanese, "thunder") + "Lindwurm" (German, "dragon;" also perhaps a reference to Siegwurm?)>>
—————
[SD06-007] LORD DRAGON THE DRACONIC HERO {6} -3R
The HeroDragon Lord-Dragon
(英雄龍ロード・ドラゴン Eiyuuryuu Roodo-Doragon)
Master Rare Ruby Burst Spirit [R] Supreme Hero/Warrior Dragon
Level 1 <1>: 4000BP, Level 2 <3>: 6000BP, Level 3 <5>: 9000BP

BURST TRIGGER: After Losing a Life Core
Summon this Spirit Card to the Field without paying its Core Cost.

After Activating Your Burst Trigger (Lv. 1-2-3): If the activated Burst Card has a Core Cost of 5 or less, destroy an enemy Spirit with 9000BP or less.
When in Battle (Lv. 2-3): When this battle ends, you can refresh this Spirit by discarding your set Burst Card.
His blade of crimson flame roars! Everything is for the sake of a noble ideal!
{Hero Motif:
桃太郎 "Momotarou the Peach Boy," the protagonist of a Japanese folktale of the same name; a kind and generous boy born from within a sacred giant peach who years later goes on an adventure with three animal friends to defeat a band of marauding demons (oni) on the distant island of Onigashima}
—————
[SD06-008] ARMADITOKAGE {1} -1D, -1R
Armaditokage
(アルマジトカゲ Arumajitokage)
Common Diamond Spirit [D] Armored Beast
Level 1 <1>: 1000BP, Level 2 <2>: 3000BP, Level 3 <3>: 4000BP

(Lv. 1-2-3): Treat this Spirit as a Diamond Spirit as well as a Ruby Spirit.
"That battle did not have much strategic significance, but it did have a great deal of historic meaning. It was in that battle where two characters who would become the symbols of the coming age first met each other by chance. Even though they were only a general and a soldier at the time, they would eventually become invaluable to each other." —Authentic History: Chronicles of Supreme Ruler Kei, Year 637 AGR—
<<Name Origin:
アルマジロトカゲ "Arumajiro-Tokage" [Japanese: "Armadillo Girdled Lizard" (Cordylus cataphractus), a lizard species native to the deserts of Southern Africa]>>
—————
[SD06-009] KIJI TRIA {3} -2D
Kiji-Toria
(キジ・トリア Kiji-Toria)
Common Diamond Spirit [D] Machine Beast
Level 1 <1>: 3000BP, Level 2 <2>: 5000BP

During Your Opponent's Turn (Lv. 1-2): As long as you have a Burst Card set on your Field, all of your Spirits that are not Brave Fused gain +2000BP.
During Your Opponent's Start Phase (Lv. 2): If you have no Burst Card set on the Field, you may set a card in your hand with Burst Trigger effects onto the Field.
I encountered Kei right in the middle of the battlefield. Kiji was the first to spot her.
<<Name Origin (Fusion):
"Kiji" [Japanese, "Japanese Green Pheasant" (Phasianus versicolor); refers to the pheasant that accompanies Momotarou on his quest to Onigashima] + "Tria" (Modern Greek, "three")>>
—————
[SD06-010] SHIMA CREEK, DRAGONKING OF THE SEA {5} -3D
The SeaDragon Cima-Creek
(海皇龍シーマ・クリーク Kaiouryuu Shiima-Kuriiku)
Rare Diamond Burst Spirit [D] Supreme Hero/Armored Dragon
Level 1 <1>: 4000BP, Level 2 <3>: 7000BP, Level 3 <5>: 8000BP

BURST TRIGGER: After Your Opponent Activates a "When This Spirit/Brave is Summoned" Effect
Summon this Spirit Card to the Field without paying its Core Cost.

(Lv. 1-2): Neither this Spirit nor any Spirit with a Core Cost of 2 or less can attack.
During Your Opponent's Turn (Lv. 1-2-3): All of your opponent's Spirits can only take a maximum of one Core away from your Life for each attack.
That's impossible!! He reflected back Lord Dragon's signature attack?!
{Hero Motif & Name Origin*:
浦島太郎 "Urashima-Tarou," the protagonist of the Japanese legend by the same name; after rescuing a turtle in trouble, a young fisherman (Urashima-Tarou) is rewarded with a three-day visit to 竜宮城 Ryuuguujou (the underwater palace of the Dragon God Ryuujin), only to find himself three hundred years in the future upon returning to his village}
* The "ura" in Urashima-Tarou translates to "creek" or "bay" from Japanese.

Smash Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle Spirits JPN Starter Deck VI: "BURST HEROES ~Hajime Hinobori's Deck~" [COMPLETE!!]

Post  Smash Spirit on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 am

***NEXUS & SPELL CARDS***

[SD06-011] DIVINE SWORD OF THE VALIANT EMPEROR {3} -2R
The HeroEmperor DeitySword
(英雄皇の神剣 Eiyuu'ou no Shinken)
Common Ruby Nexus [R]
Level 1 <0>, Level 2 <2>

(Lv. 1-2): When you set a Burst Card on the Field, draw a card from your deck. This effect can only be used once per turn.
During Your Attack Phase (Lv. 2): All of your "Supreme Hero" Attribute Spirits that are not Brave Fused gain +3000BP. Also, as long as you have a Burst Card set on the Field, all of your "Supreme Hero" Spirits that are not Brave Fused gain an additional +5000BP.*
"Because of the foolish actions of just one person, the sacred 'Oath of the Sword' was broken. This heralded the beginning of a new era, a rare historic event—the age of rivaling warlords." —Authentic History: Chronicles of Supreme Ruler Kei, Prologue—
* Translator's Note: This means that your unbraved "Supreme Heroes" get a total 8000BP boost if you have a set Burst Card on the Field.

—————
[SD06-012] SACRED SHIELD OF THE VALIANT EMPEROR {3} -1D
The HeroEmperor DeityShield
(英雄皇の御盾 Eiyuu'ou no Mitate)
Common Diamond Nexus [D]
Level 1 <0>, Level 2 <3>

During Each Attack Phase (Lv. 1-2): At the start of this Phase, choose a target enemy Brave Spirit. The targeted Brave Spirit cannot enter into battle for the duration of this turn.
(Lv. 2): As long as you have a Burst Card set on your Field, all of your Nexus with "Hero Emperor" in their names cannot be destroyed.
"The six different lands used extravagant shields as the representative emblems on their national flags. Future generations have since called this age 六楯期 'Rokujunki,' the Six Shields Era." —Authentic History: Chronicles of Supreme Ruler Kei, Prologue—
—————
[SD06-013] BURST DRAW ~Dual Wildwing Dance~ {4} -2R
Burst Draw
(双翼乱舞 Souyoku Ranbu)
Common Ruby Burst Spell

BURST TRIGGER: After Your Opponent Activates a "When This Spirit/Brave is Summoned" Effect
Draw two cards from your deck. Afterwards, pay this Spell Card's Core Cost to activate its main effect.

Main Phase: Draw two cards from your deck.
—————
[SD06-014] BURST CROSS ~Raging Cross Blade~ {5} -3R
Burst Cross
(爆烈十紋刃 Bakuretsu Juumonjin)
Rare Ruby Burst Spell

Destroy one enemy Spirit with 6000BP or less, one Brave from an enemy Brave Spirit, and one of your opponent's Nexus. Afterwards, pay this Spell Card's Core Cost to activate its main effect.

Main Phase: Return one card in your Trash that has Burst Trigger effects back to your hand.
—————
[SD06-015] BURST FLAME ~Heroic Pyro Blast~ {6} -3R
Burst Flame
(覇王爆炎撃 Haou Bakuengeki)
Uncommon Ruby Burst Spell

Destroy three enemy Spirits with 4000BP or less. Afterwards, pay this Spell Card's Core Cost to activate its Flash Timing effect.

Flash Timing: Destroy one opposing Brave Spirit.
—————
[SD06-016] BURST WALL ~Absolute Ice Shield~ {4} -1D
Burst Wall
(絶甲氷盾 Zekkou Hyoujun)
Uncommon Diamond Burst Spell

Add a Core from the Void to your Life. Afterwards, pay this Spell Card's Core Cost to activate its Flash Timing effect.

Flash Timing: When this battle is finished, forcibly end the Attack Phase.
—————
[SD06-017] BURST STORM ~Armordrake Seal Crusher~ {5} -3D
Burst Storm
(甲竜封絶破 Kouryuu Fuuzetsuha)
Uncommon Diamond Burst Spell

Send one of your opponent's Spirits, Braves, or Nexus to the bottom of his/her deck. Afterwards, pay this Spell Card's Core Cost to activate its Flash Timing effect.

Flash Timing: Refresh one of your Spirits.

Smash Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wereborg on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 pm

thanks for complete it
Shocked the burst magic have nice direct translated name. love it
Wereborg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smash Spirit on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Well, I just kind of figured that if they're going to give Japanese names that may differ from the English names given (especially if they are names that harken to the many Mystic Artes of Namco's Tales franchise), I should do my best to give both sides equal representation. Smile

Smash Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum