Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record of the strange worlds

2 posters

Go down

Record of the strange worlds Empty Record of the strange worlds

Post  Slifer Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 am

If you have been paying attention to the flavor text of the english cards, there is sometimes a reference to "Record of the strange world" by Wanderer Lolo ("Otherrealm observation records" by Rolo the wanderer in Smash Spirit's translations). I was watching Dan ep 46, and otherworld king mentions that he wrote books to make people believe in Grand Rolo, titled "Otherworld observation records." Could it be possible that Otherworld king is Wanderer Lolo......
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Record of the strange worlds Empty Re: Record of the strange worlds

Post  Soaker Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 am

I've wondered the same thing. It's likely, especially if Lolo is actually supposed to be Rolo. Actually, I just picked Rolo as the translation, (as it could also read Lolo, Roro, or Loro) because I recall seeing it used that way once on an official Japanese site in English. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's right. Rs and Ls are a tricky thing in Japanese, because they're interchangeable.

But also, there's a scene in an early episode of Brave (I can't recall which one) where Dan was reading the book on an e-reader thing, and it was similar to the flavor text.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum