Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black

+2
Darkshadow24
InfernalEmperor
6 posters

Go down

[BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black  Empty [BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black

Post  InfernalEmperor Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

FINALLY ITS DONE. sorry for the huge delay, ive been busy with studies.

[BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black  The_he41
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

[BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black  Empty Re: [BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black

Post  Darkshadow24 Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Isn't milling in this game overpowered?

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

[BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black  Empty Re: [BS09-X40] The HeelGiant Titus-the-Black

Post  Bolmeteus Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Darkshadow24 wrote:Isn't milling in this game overpowered?

do you mean that blue cards are not fair??
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 am

Bolmeteus wrote:
Darkshadow24 wrote:Isn't milling in this game overpowered?

do you mean that blue cards are not fair??
Yea.

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  InfernalEmperor Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 am

i kinda agree that the deck destruction is way too powerfull in this game unlike yugioh's deck destruction strategies. in yugioh it still takes you alot of turns and your opponent could figure out a way to beat you but battle spirits deck destructions are way too high and titus is too strong. i mean 15 cards thats more that a quarter of my deck and a quarter each turn. the max yugioh cards could do is 3 card destruction per card but the BS blue cards especially x-rares are ridiculously powerfull. remember the normal titus just summon him and 10 of your opponents decks cards are gone and bs doesnt have much cards to bring them back like in yugioh you have pot of avarice, monster reborn, call of the hunted and alot of other cards which you can use to counter your opponents deck destruction strategy.
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm

on the other hand look at his core-cost/attack restriction-battle effect?!

like in all games the balance is crucial thing, so if the blue cards' effect is so amazing, players will use blue cards, and both players try to win by this effect?!

but maybe somebody should check jp. rulings/tournament lists, if this spirit is maybe limited to 1 copy in deck?^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  InfernalEmperor Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:on the other hand look at his core-cost/attack restriction-battle effect?!

like in all games the balance is crucial thing, so if the blue cards' effect is so amazing, players will use blue cards, and both players try to win by this effect?!

but maybe somebody should check jp. rulings/tournament lists, if this spirit is maybe limited to 1 copy in deck?^^

for what i think dark titus should get forbidden like titus i mean at one match i was having i had 2 life and a couple of spirits and my opponent with 1 life so basically i was winning but then he summoned 2 dark titus and i has to block or else i would have lost but after he attacked with both titus 30 cards of my decks were gone and i still lost. i mean 1 turn and more than half of my deck is history.
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Last I checked, Titus has not been limited.....
And I agree that blue cards are very powerful here. For starters, there's magic drill and magic hammer, the aformentioned Titus....I play a lot of those cards in one turn and its deck out.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 pm

now i can understand when somebody was almost winning, then comes opponent with such blue special attack^^

but i guess BS has also strong effects in the other colors, if not, japanese kids would only use blue, yes? just pay attention to all limit list changes. or simply create regional/your own list, before a high value card gets banned, a limitation can relax the heated discussion?!
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  InfernalEmperor Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:now i can understand when somebody was almost winning, then comes opponent with such blue special attack^^

but i guess BS has also strong effects in the other colors, if not, japanese kids would only use blue, yes? just pay attention to all limit list changes. or simply create regional/your own list, before a high value card gets banned, a limitation can relax the heated discussion?!

well though they are strong it also comes down to if your even having fun. i remember that i once thought while playing yugioh that let me try a deck destruction deck. the deck was awsome my opponent couldnt even attack once but it became a really boring match. i have the most fun when me and my opponent summon fusions, synchros, exceeds and activate spells traps and have a variety in the game. just waiting turns to make exodia, final, final countdown or destruct your opponents deck gets me bored so even though im good at deck destruction i never use it. so i think thats why japaneese kids dont use blue very often, that or they dont have the cards for a good deck or something.
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 am

thnx for the insight^^

that is exactly how i like my tcg&ccg hobby too, with funny, complex or surprising elements, beside the so called mainstream/winner combos. as often, i can talk more about duel masters than my small BS experience, and in DM we have also the 2-ways: either crush your opp. with boring 1/2 mana and speed attackers, which means also the supporting spells (or even fortress cards) for such rush strategy is boring from the beginning, both players know exactly what is played and summoned. or use high mana cost special wave effect creatures and all destroying spells and control cards.

so let me guess, that although powerful in effect, these blue combos/spirits can be sure countered with a strategy that involves small spirits, maybe field/hand-control effects and that one green effect that taps opp.' spirits i remember something like "windstorm"?!

and if we all guessed wrong and so on, the off. jp limit list would add this spirit after a big tournament if it dominated the gameplay^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:27 am

Here's a card that may be counter to mill:
http://www.battlespiritsonline.com/t924-bs09-068-land-mine?highlight=Land
It can destroy a spirit with crush, plus it activates for free if its milled. Also, I remember some cards (sorry forgot the name) that limit the number of cards that can be milled by the opponent.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Slifer wrote:Here's a card that may be counter to mill:
http://www.battlespiritsonline.com/t924-bs09-068-land-mine?highlight=Land
It can destroy a spirit with crush, plus it activates for free if its milled. Also, I remember some cards (sorry forgot the name) that limit the number of cards that can be milled by the opponent.

Slifer you are amazing, such details help beginners to understand the exotic gameplay strategies, as i thought there seems to be enough material for opponent to play against such blue effects, and even if not, its a game and every player can decide to use (blue/overpowered) cards as they wish^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  ManectricMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 am

I think that Deck Destruction is seen as overpowered in this game because in most other games, it is considered a fringe strategy of some kind. It's pretty odd to see someone in Yugioh or Magic: The Gathering using a mill deck. Iron Chains is the milling archetype (disregarding Morphing Jar shenanigans) in Yugioh, and it's unlikely that they will get much support. And Blue in Magic is more of a splash color to add more control and card draw, or if staying mono-blue, wins through one strong win condition in an overwhelming sea of defense. In Battle Spirits, it is represented by its own color. Successful or otherwise, it seems as if the designers are trying to make each color equally powerful in their own way, with their own drawbacks.

Red: HUGE power, with very little defensive potential.
White: Very, very defensive, but often get the short end of the stick in aggressive attacking.
Green: Potential for either aggro or control, but it is very choppy and awkward to do both. One of the lesser weaknesses.
Purple: Has the right card for any moment, but it is easy to use it at the WRONG moment. Again, one of the least crippling weaknesses.
Yellow: Almost infinite amount of Magic usage that controls the battle, but without it, their inferior power tends to get them mowed over.
Blue: Very powerful, be it deck destruction or raw attacking power, but it takes a lot of setup to get going.

I'm unsure if any Mill decks have done well in tournaments, as Blue Assault is an extremely potent alternative, and even then it falls behind faster colors such as Purple and Green. In my opinion, Blue Deck Destruction is powerful, yes, but it tends to lack the defensive bulk and rushing potential that other colors have.

However, most of this IS speculation and observational analysis. I can't claim to have been to many tournaments. ^^;; Not to mention, I will readily admit that certain cards, such as Titus the Black and The BalanceDeity Libra-Golem are quite broken in their own right (I used the second one at one point, and was so sickened by what it did that I swore to take it out of my deck and never put it back in).
ManectricMan
ManectricMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:58 am

ManectricMan, thnx for that detail with the colors difference. do you think that it can be said about all sets up to bs-15? or which sets do you have in mind with that list. i think its perfect and short for every new bs player.^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  ManectricMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 am

More or less every set in which Blue has been a part of (as the newest color, I believe it was introduced in set 3). Blue HAS become a lot more powerful, but that was because it was by far one of the weakest colors. Crush was the main milling engine, and that just ended up being too slow, at least in favor of cards such as Titus, who simply by EXISTING made a massive dent. I've seen a couple videos of a Blue deck milling out an opponent, and in both, it was Titus or Mobilefortress who won, not a Collapse of the Battle Line-boosted Rock-Golem. Orichalchum-Golem has really buffed up the potential of what I like to call "Power Milling", where Blue swings to win like any other color, and BalanceDeity has made it OBSCENE (if it isn't banned, I'll be shocked). But in the end, a cheap Assault card or some Nexus shenanigans are usually what wins a game for Blue. As for other colors, I'll give exceptions.

Red: ...nothing, really. Red does damage. Pure and simple.
White: Some of the more recent cards are capable of turning defense INTO offense, so the line is blurred.
Green: Is there a card with High Speed and Windstorm? If so, then it is the exception.
Purple: Dark Snake acceleration can often win without killing off cards, going pure aggro and ignoring the powerful control aspects...this isn't to say the cards aren't in the deck, it's just that they might go unusued.
Yellow: Pentan Rush. I've heard a few stories about these penguins running rampant over unprepared decks, even Purple sometimes. Raw power doesn't suit yellow, and yet this deck is GOOD.
Blue: Vanilla Beatdown is fairly good. Unlike most Blue decks, it kick-starts fairly early and slams hard from the get-go.

And then there's the infamous 5-color-Rainbow-Rush that ONLY uses 0-drops to win in 1 turn. I guess color doesn't really matter when it's not the effects you care about.

Across all sets, I'd say it's fairly uniform. But there's always cards that break the mold in every set.
ManectricMan
ManectricMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm

ManectricMan wrote: Orichalchum-Golem has really buffed up the potential of what I like to call "Power Milling", where Blue swings to win like any other color, and BalanceDeity has made it OBSCENE (if it isn't banned, I'll be shocked).

When I first saw what Libra-Golem could do, my immediate thought was, how is this card not banned or at least limited? Scary, scary card.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

oh yellow is one the two colors of my BS-start, and i wil always support it, so i am happy to hear you say pentan is still strong or can win^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  ManectricMan Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Oh, it's no problem. ^^ The sheer power of Penpress isn't something to be ignored. =O
ManectricMan
ManectricMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down