Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game

4 posters

Go down

Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Empty Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game

Post  Darkshadow24 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:10 am

http://www.kaijudo.com/

That is the website link to the new game: Kaijudo which is a transformation of the previous game Duel Masters, it is currently being developed by Wizards of the Coast and they are improving the game in an attempt that it will be sustainable in the TCG Market. Kaijudo takes the best elements of Duel Masters and provides it a more flexible way of playing it. Kaijudo's show premiers in Summer and talks are that the product will be sold before or during that time of the release.

The thing is that, you can't use your old DM cards for this game which is sad but if you think about it, it's likely you'd gain a advantage over the game than newer players. It would also be useless since it's not getting people buying items from Wotc.
Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Battledeckmini

As you can see there are two code cards, Wotc are planning to product a online game where you can buy products, receive a code, and unlock the decks on it's online game. Electrified games which designed the Pokemon TCG are currently working with the Kaijudo Online game. This is a updated product for it's side-view and it looks like code card info will be on the booster or something :/
Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Fakefoilcardsmini

So as you can see, there are Double breakers and Fury Charge which is a more balanced effect that having Speed Attackers which can directly attack the shields. The mana symbol appears to have been changed, maybe they might be implementing another mana resouce, no one knows. I'd assume it's the same gameplay towards Duel Masters but just changing the game to fit the storyline.
Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Nypy

A release date for the battle decks. A release date for a limited edition 60 card set (booster) in late July. A release date for the base set in Sept. And a tease of something in the holidays. So expect for August we have something coming for the next 5 months. first the battle deck, then the dojo set then the official first set. The battle deck and dojo will be limited edition. Only shipped to WPN stores and probably limited supplies too. Also in case you didn't read any of the stuff on the top of the pic it talks about Kaijudo Battle coming on the 5th. But it also says there will be another game
called Kaijudo Online in the summer, and that it will be like Duel of the Planes walkers. This may be what Electrified games developed.

Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Nyzgy
Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Nyux

Last edited by Darkshadow24 on Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Empty Re: Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:59 am

we discuss this on great anticipation at my duel masters community, critical but with curiosity^^

i am sure one of the few, who experienced every phase of the original DM, including the 1 year long terrible slow-kill that the WOTC/HASBRO management put on the english version of the game, resulting in creation of jp-engl. hybrid gaming, which is currently at set nr. 42 (but changed at dm-40 to dmr-01).

from the look of the preview material, although korean anime production, nothing in it looks as high quality, not the show, and not the cards from what my eyes can see in your photos, where are they from?

instead of reducing the classic world famous game into a second-try cheap restart, WOTC should have manage the original better, and not behave like idiots towards the fans.

just one detail at end of my posting: it took WOTC almost 1 full year to admit to fans the stop of english version back in 2006, after several appeal votes and dozens of emails.

a company that kills a game that survives hard asian hobby market since 10 years, and now brings a cheap-produced clone back, is not to be trusted. i dont talking angry about the fact that i have to import jp DM cards since 2006 to play the game, but i will never forgive WOTC for such unlogical kill-away-then-return-method^^
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game Empty Re: Kaijudo (Duel Masters) Trading card game

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 am

i forgot, i found this:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wizards-of-the-coast-and-hasbro-announce-kaijudo-139055799.html

and others say, the kaijudo multi-media product/experience shall bring "the long time success DM magic to a new generation of kids" as quoted by content, what brings me to this question:

why destroying the original in 2006? answer: because every younger tcg player would have rather jumped to DM instead of magic tcg. crucial fact is since years, that magic hardly stays in the top 5 tcg of japan (asia as whole region is different sure), and DM was invented to bring young jp players to magic. WOTC failed.

so logic brings us to conclusion: why the hell should kids/teenagers who stopped in 2006 or were shocked by the kill of the english version, why should they out of thin air jump on a cheap clone in 2012?

facing yugioh, rivaling AGAIN magic, fighting newest rising star cardfight vanguard?!

i could say more, but i dont want to waste your time^^

i worked my ass off, to keep the jp-english DM alive on a european community, and i no wotc manager with money!
watching this development makes me sad, only hope might be, that kaijudo players get interested in the classic game... i will watch and hope a bit.
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Your not wasting my time Smile Everything you've said is spot on right. Wizards of the Coast should get Critisim for everything they've done which has not been a benefit for the DM community. Pretty much shows how lazy American companies can get, I mean they're using a similar layout to Duel Masters in Japan. The reason I think Wizards of the Coast failed was because they were trying to keep Magic the gathering in a financial position because of games like Yu-gi-oh getting a better spot in the tcg market as you clearly said, they were using DM as a tool for luring more younger players into mtg, but then again they're wasting time and effort for failing DM.
The art for the new show doesn't even look that great, I would of preferred if they dubbed the rest of the DM series with Shobu and others and then start this.

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 pm

i fully agree.

i may not add much more to what i said above, but:

considering the situation of western tcg markets (where at least in my region), a tcg gets maybe 2 sets the chance in a shop to sell like hell or be dropped again, back in 2004/5/6 we had no better situation than today.

already one new tcg like vanguard can shake the market, and this is even more risky for a tcg that was once written to death and thrown into dirt by people who never understood that in fact its a modernized magic, that it needed time to rise in complexity, and so on.

so how the hell should a history loaded product, no matter if you rename it, work today, when it was killed by several reasons in the past. i dont think that WOTC simply found love for western DM just by renaming it, and

producing a super ugly anime clone. where are the ironic heroes like shobu with the M(agic)/W(izard) style hair, where are the 3D creatures, and nobody at HASBRO can tell me, that producing all this new stuff is easier than updating english version with a damn translated DMR-01 base set 120 cards, and the damn amazing new themedecks with metal cards DMD/DMX.

so i wait for the day, when on the kaijudo homepage and forum they will officially support and advertise for the classic DM haha...
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 am

The thing about Vanguard though is that the show isn't dubbed so currently is has a much older fanbase because they're the ones who are advertising the game, if Kaijudo's show goes ahead then it's likely that they will pull a much younger fanbase so I think that Vanguard will be potentially better depending on how Wotc present Kaijudo.

I don't think they could produce the anime with shobu because it would cost more money in the department and I think they need to pay money for artist to decorate the cards etc. I do think that they could have shobu in this show because if you look at the layout, it's quite different to how other DM animations are. Again 3D creatures would cost more money in design.

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:37 am

so there we have it: "CHEAP", everything results in that condition and wording. HASBRO people commanded WOTC to kill DM (one of the reasons), so now ironically HASBRO people command sub-companies to bring back a cheap cost clone that takes like a vampire the old product style/known background, renames it and throws it at todays 10-14 year olds haha^^

and again, i can not see where the terrible costs would be? everything material is produced in japan, regardless of all the licence details between WOTC and TAKARATOMY, so if they invested money in the past version and even had a comic book series and puzzles and so on, and dubbed anime, why not going stricly for best quality, and bring dm victory/zero-whatever season of the 3D anime to the usa?!?!

its impossible for me to think about changing from current dm with all the phenomenal style and foil masterpieces to a cheap drawn ugly clone, just look at the "new" advertise-hero-creature, it looks like a failed biology-clone of the classic bolshack dragon, which is still a masterpiece by ryoya yuki even after 10 product years.

so we once again can not comprehend what is going on in the managers brains haha
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 am

http://www.duelzone.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8802&start=170

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Also the site is updated, check that out Smile
K I updated.

Last edited by Darkshadow24 on Wed May 09, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 pm

hey darkshadow24, your images or what you linked in your first posting, are forbidden/not visible anylonger, please update!!
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteorite Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Is anyone going to tune in tomorrow just to see how bad it is?
Meteorite
Meteorite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smash Spirit Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Actually, I managed to watch the hour-and-a-half-long sneak preview (the first three episodes) twice on the Hub this weekend (Thank heaven my family has DirecTV!). I've been looking forward to this reboot/reimagination of Duel Masters for months now, and though I must say that the French-inspired animation style took a little getting used to, I honestly enjoyed Kaijudo! Very Happy (*"Kaijudo" comes from the Japanese 怪獣道 Kaijuudou, "the Way of the Strange Beast.")

The way they connected the history of humans and Kaiju with the myths and legends of present day Earth was very interesting. Fans of the original Duel Masters will be grinning from ear to ear with the many returning faces of Creatures like Mighty Shouter and Bolshack Dragon. The show even starts off with a slice-of-life genre that is very believable, especially the scenes at school. One of the school bullies even makes racial remarks on the main character's Japanese-American heritage...! Mad

My personal favorite part of these episodes was the interaction between Ray, the Japanese-American hero, and his chosen Kaiju, Tatsurion the Unchained (a powerful Fire/Nature hybrid Creature). Ray keeps trying to tell Tatsurion to dodge the enemy's attacks when in battle (to "bob and weave" as he says) instead of rushing headlong into danger; an extremely frustrated Tatsurion replies: "'BOB & WEAVE' IS NOT MY NAME!!!" Of course, this was how Tatsurion's nickname ("Bob") came to be by the third episode. You're silly, Bob... Deadly, but silly... Laughing

KAIJUDO: Rise of the Duel Masters will make its official premiere with the first episode Saturday morning June 2nd on the Hub, meaning the newest episode won't be until June 23rd.

Smash Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Wed May 09, 2012 1:31 pm

K I Updated.

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkshadow24 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 pm

and if you want to talk about Kaijudo join here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Kaijudo_Central/index/

Darkshadow24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down