Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAUDY TROOPER & CHINESE SOLDIER

3 posters

Go down

GAUDY TROOPER & CHINESE SOLDIER  Empty GAUDY TROOPER & CHINESE SOLDIER

Post  Bolmeteus Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 am

this is what one translator wrote:
華兵 = Chinese Soldier

this is other translator: gaudy trooper in current tr. list material.

PLEASE fully confirm/update with clear and simple english what is what and which type is used on which spirits. so i can edit my bs15 list for a first pdf-print, which all users can use then:-)

Exclamation
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

GAUDY TROOPER & CHINESE SOLDIER  Empty Re: GAUDY TROOPER & CHINESE SOLDIER

Post  Bolmeteus Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 pm

please dear users, please help. without this clarification, i can not make the set pdf for us:-)
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 pm

There is no official translation of 華兵, and the problem with kanji is that it can be read in different ways. Personally, I think Gaudy Trooper is fine, but the cards in that family are based off of soldier characters from the Chinese "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" story, so either one makes sense.

In short, it was just the same words translated differently by two different people.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Soaker wrote:There is no official translation of 華兵, and the problem with kanji is that it can be read in different ways. Personally, I think Gaudy Trooper is fine, but the cards in that family are based off of soldier characters from the Chinese "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" story, so either one makes sense.

In short, it was just the same words translated differently by two different people.

SO FOR UNOFFICIAL LIST I AM ALLOWED TO WRITE "CHINESE SODIER/GAUDY TROOPER" OK?!

then i try to upload tonight.
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Smash Spirit Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

To offer my explanation behind "Gaudy Trooper" as my choice for 華兵 Kahei:

The 兵 "hei" comes from the word 兵士 heishi, which literally means "soldier"; "trooper" is simply another wording for it.

The 華 "ka" here is actually a fancier, more traditional form of the Japanese kanji for "flower" (花). The New Nelson's Kanji Character Dictionary I use has this character translated as "shining," "appearance," and "ostentation." In addition, the word 華やかな hanayakana which uses the same kanji is listed with meanings like "gay," "showy," "brilliant," and "gorgeous." Based on this information, I chose "gaudy" (meaning flashy and extravagant) as the best and most simple word to use in my Attribute translations.

However, true to Soaker's word, in certain kanji combinations, ka can also be used to represent the country of China.
Examples: 華北 Kahoku ("North China"), 華南 Kanan ("South China"), 華僑 Kakyou ("overseas Chinese"), 華字紙 kajishi ("Chinese newspaper")
In this respect, the translation of "Chinese Soldier" would also be more than acceptable. When I first saw the "Kahei" Attribute, I admit that I didn't see the Romance of the Three Kingdoms influence as a possible common link between almost all Kahei Attribute Spirits.

Smash Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolmeteus Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm

that is what i like in BS forum:-)

all work together and commbine the info data and welcome new addition knowledge. one reason why i decided to get more into BS:-)

thnx to amazing details dear smashspirit!!!
Bolmeteus
Bolmeteus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum