Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common Questions

Go down

Common Questions Empty Common Questions

Post  Meteorite Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 am

<Regarding "gain" and "remove">
Q: When I gain or remove cores were do I gain them from or remove them to?
A: When you gain them, gain them from your Core Pool and when you remove them, remove them to their owner's Core Pool.

<Regarding the cost payment>
Q: When I pay the cost, can I also pay from the cards I control?
A: Yes, you can. You can pay them from your Reserve and/or the cards you control.

<Regarding the Cost Reduction>
Q: When I summon a spirit, can I count the spirits I already contol for the Cost Reduction first and then move cores from them to the one I'm summoning and deplete them?
A: Yes. You can also count the spirits you already contol for the Cost Reduction first and then pay the cost from them afterwards.

<Regarding summoning spirits>
Q: How many spirits can I sumon in my Main Phase?
A: As many spirits as you can.

<Regarding attacks>
Q: How many times can I attack in my Battle Phase?
A: As many times as you can.

<Regarding maximum hand size>
Q: Is there a maximum hand size in this game?
A: No.

<Regarding the Damage 1> NEW (07/08/09)
Q: What happens if the attacking spirit once got blocked by a spirit and that blocking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the attacking spirit still inflict any Damge to the opponent's Life?
A: No. As long as the attacking spirit gets blocked once, that attack won't go through.

<Regarding the Damage 2> NEW (07/08/09)
Q: What happens if the attacking spirit got blocked by a spirit and that attacking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the defending spirit inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life?
A: No. Defending spirits do not inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life.

<Regarding the Damage 3> NEW (07/08/09)
Q: What happens if the attacking spirit is removed from play in the Flash Step 1 and blocker didn't block? Does the the blocker take any Damage to their Life still?
A: No. To inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life, the attacking spirit must stay in play during the Showdown step.

<Regarding (When Destroyed) effect> NEW (07/08/09)
Q: If a spirit loses all the cores on it and is moved to its owner's Trash, does its (When Destroyed) effect go off?
A: No. When a spirit is moved to its owner's Trash due to the lack of core(s) for its LV1, it's a Depletion and not Destruction.

<Regarding (When Summoned) effect> NEW (07/08/09)
Q: When does (When Summoned) effect go off?
A: When you place enough core(s) to make it LV1. (after paying its cost)

Q.) If a Spirit or Nexus is in play and does not have enough cores on it to be at Level 1, when is it depleted?
A.) Immediately. If a spirit requires 2 cores to be at Level 1, then it is depleted when it has 1 or 0 cores. You may play a spirit or nexus at any level.

Q.) How does Immunity work?
A.) Simply. A spirit with Immunity: X can be targeted by an X color spell, but the spells will fail to affect the Immune spirit, this includes global effects. Immunity CAN affect the player, but Immune spirits are unaffected and CANNOT be targeted by the effect. Effects that happen when a spirit is defeated, even if it is an Immunity spirit, still happen because the effect doesn’t affect the Immune spirit. Effects that target an attacking spirit, have no interaction with immunity because they don’t affect the immune spirit.

Q.) When do “When Attacks" and “When Blocks” effects happen?
A.) Immediately when that spirit attacks or blocks. "When Battles" effects still occur as long as that spirits Attack or Blocks.

Q.) Who has the priority?
A.) The current active player has the priority. When two effects happen simultaneously, the active player decides the order in which the
effects are applied.

Q.) When I gain or remove cores were do I gain them from or remove them to?
A.) When you gain them, gain them from your Core Pool and when you remove them, remove them to their owner's Core Pool.

Q.) When I pay the cost, can I also pay from the cards I control?
A.) Yes. You can pay them from your Reserve and/or the cards you control.

Q.) When I summon a spirit, can I count the spirits I already contol for the Cost Reduction first and then move cores from them to the one I'm summoning and deplete them?
A.) Yes. You can also count the spirits you already contol for the Cost Reduction first and then pay the cost from them afterwards.

Q.) How many spirits can I sumon in my Main Phase?
A.) As many spirits as you can/want.

Q.) How many times can I attack in my Battle Phase?
A.) As many times as you want/can.

Q.) Is there a maximum hand size in this game?
A.) No.

Q.) What happens if the attacking spirit once got blocked by a spirit and that blocking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the attacking spirit still inflict any Damge to the opponent's Life?
A.) No. As long as the attacking spirit gets blocked once, that attack won't go through.

Q.) What happens if the attacking spirit got blocked by a spirit and that attacking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the defending spirit inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life?
A.) No. Defending spirits do not inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life.

Q.) What happens if the attacking spirit is removed from play in the Flash Step 1 and blocker didn't block? Does the the blocker take any Damage to their Life still?
A.) No. To inflict any Damage to the opponent's Life, the attacking spirit must stay in play during the Showdown step.

Q.) If a spirit loses all the cores on it and is moved to its owner's Trash, does its (When Destroyed) effect go off?
A.) No. When a spirit is moved to its owner's Trash due to the lack of core(s) for its LV1, it's a Depletion and not Destruction.

Q.) When does (When Summoned) effect go off?
A.) When you place enough core(s) to make it LV1. (after paying its cost)

Q.) Is if i attack with a spirit with brillance and play invisible cloak to make it unblockable and play white potion afterwards in the flash step to refresh it what is going to happen?
A.) Yes, you can use White Potion on a spirit with brilliance to immediately refresh it, and you will get white potion back to your hand. You can do this as many times as you are able to pay for white potion.

Q.) Can you play a spell with no legal target?
A.) If the card explicitly states "target" you must select a legal target to play it. If the card has not target but does nothing effectively because no spirits or cards are around for it to effect, then you can still play that card as it doesn't state anything as a requirement. A target is a requirement that must be declared to play the card.

Q.) When exactly does the game check for 'To Summon' text when summoning a spirit?
A.) At the time you pay the cost.

Q.) I am unsure about the condition to be meet to have a spirits being «battling» i'm playing a brillance deck and i wanted to know if the spirit had to be engaged with another spirit to be «battling» to have it's effect to occur.
A.) When Battles = When Attacks + When Blocks.

Q.) If i have a spirit that refresh itself atfer defeating another spirits, after it is refreshed can i attack with it again, and again?
A.) A spirit may attack multiple times in a single Battle Phase if it is able to be refreshed. Glad to have you playing this fine game, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Q.) What happens if the attacking spirit once got blocked by a spirit and that blocking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the attacking spirit still inflict any Damge to the opponent's Life?
A.) What happens if the attacking spirit once got blocked by a spirit and that blocking spirit is removed from play before Showdown step? Does the attacking spirit still inflict any Damge to the opponent's Life?

Q.) If i play a spell on my opponents turn [like silent wall], and i pay the prices with all the cores on my sha zoo, do i get their effect, or is depletion not considered destroyed?
A.) Depletion and Destruction are not the same thing. Therefore, when a spiriti is deplted, even if it has a (When Destroyed) effect, it won't go off.

Q.) I had read in the official tournament policy that "It is recommended that the sideboard be in different sleeves (when sleeves are used) then the Deck." which from the way I read that it is recommended but not enforced. So can someone please tell me an official ruling on this one?
A.) The rules are the standard, so unless explicitly stated by the Head Judge, it is not required. I recommend you always ask the Head Judge wheather he allows it. At our highest level tournaments we are much more strict but it still depends on the decision of the Head Judge.

Q.) Ok I’m new and want to buy some cards but i have some questions, How many cards can be in the deck, and how many copies of the same card can be in the deck as well is there a ban-list somewhere I would like to know if I’m using illegal cards.
A.) Decks are 40 cards minimum, no maximum size.Sideboards are exactly 10 cards. You may have up to 3 copies of any card in a deck plus sideboard combined. No cards are banned, but a list of errata can be found here. You can use the Rulebook and Rules Q&A forum to help answer any other questions you have, and good luck!

Q.) What, exactly, constitutes an 'effect'. Does anything with a bold text such as tribute or immunity count?
A.) As long as there is any text in the effect box, the spirit is considered to have a printed effect.

Q.) Some spell cards have more than 1 effect. Will both effect 1 and 2 be triggered? Or the caster chooses either effect 1 or effect 2 ?
A.) You only get to use one of the effects, you (the spell's caster) get to choose which one.
Meteorite
Meteorite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum