Need some game console advice?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 pm

im planning to buy either a 3ds or a psp for my 11 year old brother. which do yur think is better. campared to graphics and gameplay. and whos games are longer to play.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

i have a NDS and a PSP, so i dont argument just one sided, ok, not the newest 3ds but i think when sony psp2 arrives the first console will be sure even cheaper to buy next months, it has tons of games, and i may add, high quality games, at least in my favorite game type rpg. i love this psp media thing, you use small memory stick with movies, videos, music, your favorite photos on your psp and i dont know if nintendo will support that new console with such variety of games or movies download and so on.

so my advice is clearly in favor of psp, maybe because i am so used to the multi media fun. i am happy if somebody writes some tech details about this new 3ds, can it show movies and download games like the psp?
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:09 am

Bolmeteus wrote:i have a NDS and a PSP, so i dont argument just one sided, ok, not the newest 3ds but i think when sony psp2 arrives the first console will be sure even cheaper to buy next months, it has tons of games, and i may add, high quality games, at least in my favorite game type rpg. i love this psp media thing, you use small memory stick with movies, videos, music, your favorite photos on your psp and i dont know if nintendo will support that new console with such variety of games or movies download and so on.

so my advice is clearly in favor of psp, maybe because i am so used to the multi media fun. i am happy if somebody writes some tech details about this new 3ds, can it show movies and download games like the psp?

dont know about movies or downloading but it has a camera and can show pictures in 3D.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:39 am

i see, that is nice!!! from what i know, is that the psp (in japan at least) can attach a camera, some tv station tech adapter also, crazy world:-)

in the end, i guess the question is mainly, for what you want to use a portable console? just gaming, or multi media, or just gaming via download-content, i mean just look at psp currently, final fantasy tactic rpg game is like a 5 euro cost only?!

the 3ds is brand new compared to psp, so the optional tech stuff is not yet fully known, yes? i really need to read a wiki about that console^^
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

Bolmeteus wrote:i see, that is nice!!! from what i know, is that the psp (in japan at least) can attach a camera, some tv station tech adapter also, crazy world:-)

in the end, i guess the question is mainly, for what you want to use a portable console? just gaming, or multi media, or just gaming via download-content, i mean just look at psp currently, final fantasy tactic rpg game is like a 5 euro cost only?!

the 3ds is brand new compared to psp, so the optional tech stuff is not yet fully known, yes? i really need to read a wiki about that console^^

i just need it for gaming for my 11 year old bro. since hes small he really isnt much into tech's. + im looking for cheapness lol! . i dont have a very happy wallet. Sad . also i wanted to know is games on the consoles are easy to play cause my bro cant play games well but he loved them still so i wanted a consol containing easy to play games. though he beats me alot of times when we play naruto shippuuden ultimate ninja storm 2.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 am

ok then i truly say get him a cheap, but good condition used-psp?! must it be new from shop?!

there are a lot of qulity games that are reduced in price, sorry for my european talk, like 9,99 euro, with sports, racing, tactical stuff and action adventures. the more complex games are those that stay longer on like 35 euro (maybe 40 dollar currently?). but if he wants specific game, make sure to help him with finding reviews because all the need for speed games might confuse a new player.
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 am

Bolmeteus wrote:ok then i truly say get him a cheap, but good condition used-psp?! must it be new from shop?!

there are a lot of qulity games that are reduced in price, sorry for my european talk, like 9,99 euro, with sports, racing, tactical stuff and action adventures. the more complex games are those that stay longer on like 35 euro (maybe 40 dollar currently?). but if he wants specific game, make sure to help him with finding reviews because all the need for speed games might confuse a new player.

thankx for all your help.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

check your whatever local shops/web shops also for PSP value pack i think that name, because value packs give you bigger memory stick right from the start, and also a psp-remote/headphones part, which you must buy otherwise extra. at least this was the case with the psp product when i got it years ago.
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 am

sorry i forgot LOOK, for any more detailed questions get help in the tech community, i asked there some stuff, and they help instant:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:check your whatever local shops/web shops also for PSP value pack i think that name, because value packs give you bigger memory stick right from the start, and also a psp-remote/headphones part, which you must buy otherwise extra. at least this was the case with the psp product when i got it years ago.

hehe where i live ill be luckey to get just 1 free game with a psp and it will probably be fifa 2012. unfortunately the country im living in has zero sense in gamming and dont have any sort of special packs. when i bought a ds i didnt even get a piece of earphone. thankx for all your help though.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

also make sure, to keep current psp updates, because they improve tech or give you internet radio and so on, and when considering multi media, you will need at least one important program, psp video 9, its free, and you need it to use video stuff to optimal qualitiy, i mean you can get example y.tube hd ready video of final fantasy intro hehe^^

then simply work that video file with the psp video 9, and you will get perfect format and so on to send it via USB to your psp. last thing i worked like this was a beyonce music vid, and the result was amazing although i have only a 2GB memory stick currently.
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:41 am

Bolmeteus wrote:also make sure, to keep current psp updates, because they improve tech or give you internet radio and so on, and when considering multi media, you will need at least one important program, psp video 9, its free, and you need it to use video stuff to optimal qualitiy, i mean you can get example y.tube hd ready video of final fantasy intro hehe^^

then simply work that video file with the psp video 9, and you will get perfect format and so on to send it via USB to your psp. last thing i worked like this was a beyonce music vid, and the result was amazing although i have only a 2GB memory stick currently.

k thankx ill do that. my bro will be exited. hes really extreme about music. he even listens to it when hes doing maths Shocked .
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:59 am

hey its really no need several thnx, i do it because i like all this fun, and i had psp since years but oly recently can use all optional stuff, and after a while you get used to create your own folders which is easy to copy/paste/create via USB, and you evne have fun with considering the memory stick limittation^^

so tell your brother step by step he can have his music collection, mp3 AND videos on his psp^^
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:hey its really no need several thnx, i do it because i like all this fun, and i had psp since years but oly recently can use all optional stuff, and after a while you get used to create your own folders which is easy to copy/paste/create via USB, and you evne have fun with considering the memory stick limittation^^

so tell your brother step by step he can have his music collection, mp3 AND videos on his psp^^

eeehehehe. saying thankx has kinda become a habit of mine. i even say thank you to a shop clerk just for putting my stuff in a plastic bag & well i like this habbit of mine and it feels good when someone thanks you so i think that its just a thanks say it and make the person in front of you happy Smile .
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:48 pm

yeah i see, its good to talk polite, no problem with me^^
but i kind of feel ashamed to read it so often, i just gave you small info, like i want to get help from others, so its all ok with one thnx^^

if there would be additional psp question, you can ask me here if you want.
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:19 am

Bolmeteus wrote:yeah i see, its good to talk polite, no problem with me^^
but i kind of feel ashamed to read it so often, i just gave you small info, like i want to get help from others, so its all ok with one thnx^^

if there would be additional psp question, you can ask me here if you want.

hahaha after reading your post i automatically though wow thankx Very Happy
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm

ok then we dont waste it just for chitchat hehe^^

its important that you tell your brother, that the psp has different sound, when using third party (different company) tech for the music so this headphones item is recommenden by players:

Sennheiser PMX-60

(sorry its german i guess, but i dont get money for advertise hehe)
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:12 am

Bolmeteus wrote:yeah i see, its good to talk polite, no problem with me^^
but i kind of feel ashamed to read it so often, i just gave you small info, like i want to get help from others, so its all ok with one thnx^^

if there would be additional psp question, you can ask me here if you want.

i heard that there are like 5 psp's. psp slim, psp 1000, psp 2000, psp 3000 and psp go. whats the difference? which one is better? and which one would you recomend.

i know its a pit pitated but i heard that you can use a software called CFW to download and play games from the net. im not into piracy (cause if i was i would have jailbreaked my ps3 a long time ago) but my bro loves alot of games that are japaneese like battle spirits, katekyo hitman reborn, toriko, etc. and its impossible for me to get them in my country so kinda can you tell me anything about this if you know and on which psp can i apply it or can i do it on any psp. also please tell me if there are any functions which i cant use like if i cant do online or stuff.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:52 am

ok lets look details:

- PSP (at least in my region) is a region code based tech, so for me its "region 2".so depending on your location, consider which region-version you buy. i guess it's same like with playstation/2, there are shops who offer a service update and manipulate that region code thing so you can use region-free/all region media, i did this service with my ps2, and play import games in my damn german region because we didnt get the rpg flood like english regions.
if you decide to manipulate the region-code system on your psp, you maybe will lose the guarantee of the sony-manufacture if damage happens to the tech within the guarantee service time of sony.

- regarding that prog i dont know it sorry, but everything that is not off. sony (or licenced) but let's you play exotic material on the tech, might be not fully legal, so consider the risk. with a higher firmware, sony has taken out the ability for us to run emulators, stored games on the memory stick, rip umds... blabla, so a 2000 series can be highly modified when a 3000 cannot.

- The PSP Slim is 19% thinner and 33% lighter than the original PSP.

- overall compared 1000<--->3000:

Both models have Wi-Fi connectivity, but the 1000 also has an infrared port. They each have USB compatibility, but only the PSP 3000 can take advantage of the higher speeds that USB 2.0 offers. There is also TV output on the 3000, allowing you to play PSP games on your television. The PSP 3000 has an improved screen with a greater contrast ratio and better response time than previous models. The 3000 has 64 megabytes of internal RAM as opposed to the 1000's 32 MB.

avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:ok lets look details:

- PSP (at least in my region) is a region code based tech, so for me its "region 2".so depending on your location, consider which region-version you buy. i guess it's same like with playstation/2, there are shops who offer a service update and manipulate that region code thing so you can use region-free/all region media, i did this service with my ps2, and play import games in my damn german region because we didnt get the rpg flood like english regions.
if you decide to manipulate the region-code system on your psp, you maybe will lose the guarantee of the sony-manufacture if damage happens to the tech within the guarantee service time of sony.

- regarding that prog i dont know it sorry, but everything that is not off. sony (or licenced) but let's you play exotic material on the tech, might be not fully legal, so consider the risk. with a higher firmware, sony has taken out the ability for us to run emulators, stored games on the memory stick, rip umds... blabla, so a 2000 series can be highly modified when a 3000 cannot.

- The PSP Slim is 19% thinner and 33% lighter than the original PSP.

- overall compared 1000<--->3000:

Both models have Wi-Fi connectivity, but the 1000 also has an infrared port. They each have USB compatibility, but only the PSP 3000 can take advantage of the higher speeds that USB 2.0 offers. There is also TV output on the 3000, allowing you to play PSP games on your television. The PSP 3000 has an improved screen with a greater contrast ratio and better response time than previous models. The 3000 has 64 megabytes of internal RAM as opposed to the 1000's 32 MB.


thankx (sorry force of habbit) for your help. which is better psp 3000 or psp go and can go play the games on the tv like you said.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:46 pm

if i am not totally mistaken or mix the specific info, psp go was a terrible shi* and production was stopped by sony, like i halfway remember that british shops had to heavy reduce psp go price to even sell some of them.

i can just say, that a normal and region code specific psp 2000 or 3000 might be best for you /your brother, remember all the multi media stuff that is possible on the tech, you will never think about another psp version once started^^

maybe i really confuse the versions, but the psp go is a download-games-only tech, i never heard about a umd slot for it?!?!
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Bolmeteus wrote:if i am not totally mistaken or mix the specific info, psp go was a terrible shi* and production was stopped by sony, like i halfway remember that british shops had to heavy reduce psp go price to even sell some of them.

i can just say, that a normal and region code specific psp 2000 or 3000 might be best for you /your brother, remember all the multi media stuff that is possible on the tech, you will never think about another psp version once started^^

maybe i really confuse the versions, but the psp go is a download-games-only tech, i never heard about a umd slot for it?!?!

ok so my situation is kinda changed. i went to a couple of local shops and when i asked about the psp or psp go all of them are sellinf the psp and psp go allready modded (pirated, hacked, etc) (kind of a shock to me, i never expected hecked game consoles to sell). and they say to me that just download the iso or cso files from the net and play. so seeing this situation can you tell me which is better the psp or psp go. ive heard a bit that psp is better than psp go buy why? no one has ever written that. since i guess becaused its already hacked i cant online or use a couple of its functions so in this situation which is better. also is this gonna prevent me from using the psp or psp go on a tv.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm

a bit much in your posting but:

i can not tell you, to buy a non-official tech!

i will not simply agree with shops who go beyond legal limits, i mean you have internet and ebay in your region?! if yes, get a normal psp, not psp-go!, and all will be fine^^

ever looked at a psp-go?

its maybe to small for some hands!!!
avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Bolmeteus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 pm

so i dont understand, why you even consider to buy a tech, that is off. dead/not produced any longer...

avatar
Bolmeteus

Posts : 572
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : europe

View user profile http://duelmastersglobal.forumprofi.de/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  InfernalEmperor on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:55 am

Bolmeteus wrote:a bit much in your posting but:

i can not tell you, to buy a non-official tech!

i will not simply agree with shops who go beyond legal limits, i mean you have internet and ebay in your region?! if yes, get a normal psp, not psp-go!, and all will be fine^^

ever looked at a psp-go?

its maybe to small for some hands!!!

unfortunately my country isnt supported by ebay. and for psp go i was only considering it because it has a 16GB memory while the psp is only 4 GB. no other specific reason. and i kept hearing that psp go is bad but why no one ever told me. anyway im also in favor of psp since it can be connected to a tv. also one last question (maybe its my last XD) i heard that there is a psp emulator made by sony (i only heard something like this). so is it the kind that download gams and play the total pirated emulator like NO$GBA is a NDS emulator or is it the kind that i have to connect my psp in the computer and i can play my psp games on my monitor cause that be great to. i have a pretty decent big monitor.
avatar
InfernalEmperor

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 23
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some game console advice?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum