Battle Spirits Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Spirits Wiki

3 posters

Go down

Battle Spirits Wiki Empty Battle Spirits Wiki

Post  Slifer Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:54 am

http://battle-spirits.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Spirits_Wiki

Something I found while surfing the net. It's very informative of the anime, although it does need more work.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Battle Spirits Wiki Empty Re: Battle Spirits Wiki

Post  Soaker Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Ah, I started that out of sort of boredom and because I couldn't find anything else like it. I was actually thinking of advertising it somewhere, but I guess I was beaten to it. Please feel free to contribute anything you can. I'd love to make this wiki into a useful and detailed source for all things Battle Spirits. The formatting could probably use some work too. I admit I don't entirely know what I'm doing when it comes to making wikis.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  InfernalEmperor Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:39 pm

soaker wrote:Ah, I started that out of sort of boredom and because I couldn't find anything else like it. I was actually thinking of advertising it somewhere, but I guess I was beaten to it. Please feel free to contribute anything you can. I'd love to make this wiki into a useful and detailed source for all things Battle Spirits. The formatting could probably use some work too. I admit I don't entirely know what I'm doing when it comes to making wikis.

Checkout the duelmasters wiki. its really well made and has all the details of all cards of all booster packs. you can get ideas from it to make your wiki better.
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I'll definitely give that one a look. I got some of my ideas from the Yugioh wiki, actually, which I think is really well made.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  InfernalEmperor Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:25 pm

soaker wrote:I'll definitely give that one a look. I got some of my ideas from the Yugioh wiki, actually, which I think is really well made.

o yeah the yugioh wiki is excellent. it has alot of the latest update and good card info.
InfernalEmperor
InfernalEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Hate to bump up an old thread, but the wiki seems to be getting quite a bit of vandalism. I checked it today and quite a few pages were spammed with nonsense or intentionally changed to false information. I had to lock one page so far as a result.

If anyone catches any nonsensical edits that I missed (apparently I'm not getting notifications anymore like I used to) or even knows whoever is doing this and wants to kill them for me, any help in keeping this wiki as factual and complete as possible would be appreciated.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Soaker wrote:Hate to bump up an old thread, but the wiki seems to be getting quite a bit of vandalism. I checked it today and quite a few pages were spammed with nonsense or intentionally changed to false information. I had to lock one page so far as a result.

If anyone catches any nonsensical edits that I missed (apparently I'm not getting notifications anymore like I used to) or even knows whoever is doing this and wants to kill them for me, any help in keeping this wiki as factual and complete as possible would be appreciated.

sorry if I'm not able to help in the wiki lately, these few months have been rather hectic for me...perhaps in our semestral break, I can lend a hand.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Slifer wrote:
Soaker wrote:Hate to bump up an old thread, but the wiki seems to be getting quite a bit of vandalism. I checked it today and quite a few pages were spammed with nonsense or intentionally changed to false information. I had to lock one page so far as a result.

sorry if I'm not able to help in the wiki lately, these few months have been rather hectic for me...perhaps in our semestral break, I can lend a hand.

Oh, don't worry. I don't think this is anyone's fault but a couple idiots with no life. I just kinda freaked out because I didn't know what to do. Then I realized later that I could ban IPs. Hopefully that will help keep things under control.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Made some edits today. Also made 2 new pages (characters from Battle spirits Breave ep 11)
http://battle-spirits.wikia.com/wiki/Rahze
http://battle-spirits.wikia.com/wiki/Gizelle

Any suggestions on how to improve my writing style? Now's my free time so I decided to make these two.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Slifer wrote:Made some edits today. Also made 2 new pages (characters from Battle spirits Breave ep 11)
http://battle-spirits.wikia.com/wiki/Rahze
http://battle-spirits.wikia.com/wiki/Gizelle

Any suggestions on how to improve my writing style? Now's my free time so I decided to make these two.

Thanks very much. I think your writing style is fine. Maybe splitting long amounts of text into more paragraphs would be nice, just to make it easier on the eyes.

Also, I love the idea of adding more categories for the characters.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 am

I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the advice. I got the idea from http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page which I think is a great wiki. The voice actor thing I also got from this wiki. PS, I wonder if you could edit the front page of the wiki to make it more attractive, make it similar to yugioh wiki or TFwiki. I would, but I have no idea how to do it. Wonder if I have the time too...
Here's a sample of categories from TFwiki, I wonder if the BS wiki will look the same after it has been finished...
Battle Spirits Wiki Category
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soaker Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:15 am

I don't know how to do those things either. This is my first time making a wiki. It was just a spur of the moment idea and I thought it would be easier, because I've studied some web design. But it's different from normal HTML. I would have to research the codes on some other wikis.

I was also trying to make an infobox for the character pages. I figured out how to do that, but unfortunately, the default text color and background were too close, making it illegible, and I couldn't figure out how to change either color.
Soaker
Soaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down